13 January 2013

Close Call

Every night before I go to bed, I go in to each of the boys' rooms to check on them and tuck them in.

But from time to time, I fall asleep early or get lost in a book or work and it slips my mind.

Thankfully, last night was not one of those nights.

I walked into Blake's room and immediately picked up on an overwhelming burning smell. It didn't take long to find the source.

Apparently he had plugged in an old nightlight in between his bed and the wall. Not only had it burned a hole through his sheet, but it was starting to burn through his quilt as well. 

As he lay soundly asleep just a few feet from the burning, I couldn't help but run through the list of what-ifs. I don't even want to think about how long his sheets would have taken to catch on fire if I hadn't come in and yanked the nightlight from the wall.

I'm still a little shook up about the whole ordeal. And you can bet I'll never miss a night of checking on the boys again.

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh--that is so scary. So glad you went in and checked on him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is terrifying! Definitely not a coincidence. There is not a doubt in my mind that our children are surrounded by guardian angels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is crazy Lindsey! Steph told me about it but I had to get on and read about it myself. So glad you you guys were watched over that night!

    ReplyDelete

 
© To a T 2007-2014