Nash spent much of his 7th birthday in school and at basketball practice so we made sure to celebrate his advancement in age in the days surrounding his birthday. But he didn't make it through his actual big day without a few gestures of birthday love.
Our neighbors made him a darling poster.
Of course, we couldn't end the night without birthday cake.
It wouldn't be a true birthday without listing seven things I love about Nash:
1. He has the smoothest dance moves. His fluidity always surprises us.
2. His love of reading has grown by leaps and bounds in the last year. He typically reads one chapter book a day.
3. His smile and laugh are contagious. It's impossible to be in a bad mood when he really gets giggling.
4. I love his "big brother" voice that comes out when he is trying to cajole Crew or Finn into doing what they are supposed to.
5. The only time I ever see him ruffled is when one of his little brothers breaks his Lego structures. He is a very even-keeled child but if one single Lego is out of place, he transforms into a crazy person.
6. He is brave about sharing his beliefs with others.
7. Nash is very confident. He isn't afraid to do his own thing.
Happy Birthday Nash, we adore you!